Kit Carson County Memorial Hospital's Labor and Delivery
Now providing 24/7 Obstetrical Anesthesia
Kit Carson County Memorial Hospital's labor and delivery unit is family centered, promoting a natural and whole child birth experience. Our family-oriented program allows you to share this miracle with your loved ones.
Labor, delivery and recovery care are all provided in the same specially designed suite. Mother and baby remain together after delivery as infant bonding is established. If your physician needs to deliver your baby by Cesarean birth (abdominal incision), the procedure will take place in the obstetrical operating room, within the labor and delivery unit. In most cases, your support person will be able to attend the birth. One of the greatest services we provide to mothers is one-on-one education with a nurse, covering prenatal to postpartum periods. At Kit Carson County Memorial Hospital, we have two labor, delivery, recovery rooms and one postpartum c-section room.
Just a few of our features and services:
- 24/7 obstetrical anesthesia
- Large, private birthing suites
- Convertible chair-to-bed for your support person to spend the night
- C-section suite with state-of-the-art equipment
- Free Wi-Fi internet
- Flat Screen TV
- A locked down labor and delivery unit
- Birth plans accommodation
- One-on-one education with a nurse pre and post delivery
- The opportunity to share your announcement with the local newspapers, on our website and/or on our OB wall
Our team of physicians, nurses and staff are committed to providing the best care and support for both mother and baby before, during and after the birth.
For more information or to arrange your free tour, call 719-346-4862.