KCCHSD now offers Sleep Studies!
Sleep studies are conducted on-site at
Kit Carson County Memorial Hospital.
“Simple” snoring can cause complex problems in the lives of those affected by the loud nocturnal breathing, and it may indicate that you have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Obstructive sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder.
Answer these 8 questions to see if your snoring is related to OSA.
- Do you snore loudly (louder than talking or loud enough to be heard through closed doors)?
- Do you often feel tired and fatigued or sleepy during the day?
- Has anyone observed you stop breathing while you sleep?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Is your body mass index (BMI) more than 35?
- Are you over age 50?
- Is your neck circumference more than 40 centimeters (15.75 inches)?
- Is your gender male?
If you say yes to at least three of eight questions, you have a high probability of OSA and should talk to your physician to find out if a sleep study is right for you.
Our sleep study center environment is safe and conducive to sleep. It is dark, quiet, and pleasing with a controlled, comfortable temperature. You will have your own private bedroom and bathroom while undergoing your sleep study.
If you are interested in scheduling a sleep study or would like
additional information, please call 719-346-4725
and choose option 3!
Our sleep studies are performed by a credentialed Respiratory Therapist or Sleep Technologist and are scored by Registered Sleep Technologists (RPSGTs).